Want to know how Sound of Silence is going to be analyzing you? Here is a very simplified explanation of how it all works!
To follow Sound of Silence’s Development, simply head here and give us a like: https://www.facebook.com/soundofsilencegame
Really cool and fascinating horror-game mechanic.
So when do you think you'll be done with the game? It just looks so awesome and I can't wait to play it!
At the moment, I don’t really have a clear “guesstimate” on when I’ll be done, and I don’t feel comfortable posting a release date yet.
I’m working on it during free time, and I’m concentrating on writing now. But there’s a lot of other steps to do after writing (proofreading, organising, coding, adding art, testing, etc), and I want to be further into production before I start making taking about dates.
So, at the moment, the answer is that I just don’t know yet. I’m very sorry. But at soon as I feel ready to post a release date, I will.
Does anyone else remember Imaginaria (1993)?
Tips on playing a misantrophe? Thanks! x
a person who dislikes humankind and avoids human society.
I found Reference for writers’ post that has a few resources but I couldn’t find much else than what is already there.
So looking at this definition, I’d say I’m a weak misanthrope therefore, I’m going to pull from my own experiences and what some of my friends that call themselves misanthropes are like.
- First, I’d say they like to do things that do not require them to interact with people unless they decide to. For example, play video games, draw, write, watch films, cook ect. this is so they do not get angry at others as much and can take people in manageable doses.
- Therefore, a misanthrope may need to be in control of social situations they are in which could lead to a controlling personality or someone who is very withdrawn and decides not to care because they will become too angry if they do and being constantly angry is not fun. This could mean they are part of the loner trope or the workaholic trope
- Misanthropes would avoid places or activities that would require them to interact with others for example, they would prefer to do school projects by themselves or if they have to do it in a group, they would probably do all the work themselves or let everyone do the work and never turn up; they would not like activities such as shopping, especially going to big shopping centres and if they had to go shopping (for groceries) then they would probably use the self-service checkout; they probably would not join any clubs unless they were very interested in whatever they were doing and they would have to be comfortable around the other club members however, I would say this would not happen often; they would not go to parties often, preferring to be alone, especially if there is alcohol there, or they might like small gatherings (10 people at most) since they can relax.
- If misanthropes do make friends then they would probably be people similar to them or people who understand their dislike for social situations or people who do not annoy them as much as others
- Misanthropes at work would hate anything where you have to speak to many people throughout the day so working on the night shifts or with animals or a ‘behind the scenes’ type person would be best for them. If they worked in an environment where they are around people for a long time (shop floor assistant, waiter/waitress, bartender, teacher, till operator ect.) then they could easily become depressed, especially if there was no one they liked at their workplace.
- I can imagine that a misanthrope would complain a lot but it would be about things that others are thinking. For example, I hate when people let their kids scream and don’t console them or tell them to stop where I work because you can hear it throughout the whole store and it’s really disrupting to workers and customers and a lot of people do it so I complain about that. i have actually had customers agree with me after I had made a comment, even one of the parents so many people can probably relate to misanthropes they just do not have as strong a feeling as them.
- I personally am okay with people as individuals, it’s people as a whole who I really dislike. For example, crowd mentality and things people do because everyone does it so they think it’s okay are they things that irk me, so things the majority does however a misanthrope will probably just hate people whatever they do.
- There should be a reason behind their hatred, it could be because they are smarter than the average person and see everyone else as idiots, they could have higher standards for manners that most people do not, they could love the earth and hate that humans are killing it, there are many different reasons to hate people.
Those are some general points about misanthropy and are mostly from my experiences so they may be incorrect but that’s how I understand it. I know that bamhelps and butcherofblavikenrps call themselves misanthropes so if you look through their blog at things they’ve said or ask them about it, you may get a different/more in-depth view. I hope this helped! :)
The last two points are especially good.